Waffled French Toast with Maple Cream
· 3 eggs
· 1 cup milk
· 3/4 cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup, divided
· 8 slices challah bread, 1 inch thick
· 1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) PHILADELPHIA Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Cream Cheese Spread
· 2 bananas · 1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans, toasted
· Heat waffle iron
· Whisk eggs, milk and 1/4 cup syrup in pie plate until blended
· Spray waffle iron with cooking spray. Dip 1 bread slice in egg mixture, turning to evenly moisten both sides of bread. Shake gently over pie plate to allow excess egg mixture to drip off.
· Add bread to hot waffle iron; close lid, gently pressing on lid handle to flatten bread slightly. Cook 3 to 4 min. or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
· Meanwhile, microwave remaining syrup in large microwaveable measuring cup on HIGH 30 sec. or just until warmed. Gradually whisk in cream cheese spread until melted. Microwave 30 sec. to 1 min. or until sauce is smooth and creamy, whisking every 15 sec. (Do not let sauce come to boil.)
· Slice bananas; spoon over waffles. Top with cream cheese sauce and nuts.