Hello my Friends ~
As promised, here is the first installment of my Quick and Healthy Series – One Pot Burrito Bowls. As a side note, I would highly recommend a home vacuum sealer; I personally use the Food Saver brand.
One pot burrito bowls
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of one fresh Lime
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 pound lean hamburger
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 Each Jalapeño diced remove seeds and inside (Optional if you like it hot dice whole)
- 1 cup jasmine rice (or any long grain)
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups chicken stock (chicken broth works too)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar/jack cheese
- S & P to taste
- 1 teaspoon (Optional Love Spice)
Guacamole or sliced avocados
In a large pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onions and red peppers. Add in hamburger and cook until browned. Stir in salsa, black beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, jasmine rice, taco seasoning and chili powder. Pour in chicken stock and then bring to a light boil. Cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is all the way cooked.
When rice is done, S&P to taste. Top with your favorite toppings. We like to serve over lettuce in a salad bowl and eat with tortilla chips.
Try this recipe out and let me know how you and your family enjoyed it. I love hearing from my audience!
Much Respect and God Bless